This is a beautiful combination for winter eating. It’s also an elegant dish, in its simplicity and in flavour. This recipe is shown here with the Oh Peas Ch’easy Sauce and over-baked potatoes (russet potatoes baked until the skins become chewy).
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries + Pecans
Oven-roasted deliciousness, perfect for winter, perfect for sharing – or not.
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts, washed and halved
- 1 cup whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces (you could sub in walnuts if you like)
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves, fresh
- 2 tsp thyme leaves, fresh
- 1/4 cup red wine for deglazing
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- sea salt + cracked black pepper to taste
- lemon zest (Optional)
Heat oven to 375°.
Place sprouts (flat side down), cranberries, pecans, rosemary, and thyme onto unlined baking tray. Roast at 375º until cranberries are sticky soft and sprouts are browned (~20 to 25 minutes)
Remove from oven. Deglaze with red wine, then put mixture into bowl and dress with maple syrup (and lemon zest if desired) and season to taste.